Universal Descaler effectively removes tough scale and mineral deposits from a wide variety of equipment including commercial dishwasher machines, ice makers, coffee machines, steam tables and more. Overtime, hard-water deposits minerals (calcium and magnesium) onto equipment creating a chalky-white film that can negatively affect equipment operation and taste. Our formula is powerful, saving time and effort.
Safely cleans a wide variety of surfaces including stainless steel, aluminum copper, iron and glass. Use for hand descaling steam tables, stainless steel tables, counter tops and any kitchen surface with mineral build up.
Use regularly, as needed, to remove scale buildups that occur (usually within 1-3 months) depending on incoming water conditions. Great for any food service kitchen including restaurants, diners, hotels, schools and not-for profits.
Ice Machines- For any Commercial Ice Machine found in food service kitchens. Descaling frequency: six months (or as directed by equipment manufacturer).
- Remove ice from bin.
- Turn on Delime Cycle.
- Add Descaler at 4-8 fl oz per gallon of water.
- Allow to circulate for 45 minutes.
- Drain and flush with clean water.
Commercial Dishwasher- For use in any interior-wash tank or single use wash tank. Descaling frequency: every 1-3 months (or as directed by equipment manufacturer).
- Drain tank and remove debris.
- Turn on Delime Cycle.
- Fill tank with fresh water.
- Add Descaler to tank at 4-8 fl oz per gallon of water (depending on amount of build-up).
- Run Delime Cycle until complete. Solution will circulate for 10-20 minutes.
- If no auto Deliming Cycle is available begin dishwasher cycle and pause machine during wash step to allow machine to soak 15-20 minutes for light to medium buildups and 30-45 min for heavy deposits. Restart and complete dishwasher cycle.
- Drain tank and refill with clean water. Repeat.
Coffee Machines- For use in any coffee machine including single serve machines, espresso machines, pour over machines and more. Frequency: 1-3 months (or as directed by equipment manufacturer).
- Confirm the water reservoir and the filter basket are empty.
- Add 4-8 fl oz (1/2 to 1 cup) of Descaler to empty water reservoir, depending on coffee machine size.
- Start a brewing cycle. Pause cycle halfway through, if possible, and let Descaler activate for 15-30 minutes.
- Restart brewing cycle and dispose of collected descaling material.
- Flush residual materials in machine by running two (2) additional brewing cycles with water. Fill water reservoir to the maximum capacity each time.
Hand Descaling– To remove limescale from equipment surfaces by hand.
- Dilute 2-4 fl oz per gallon of water.
- Spray or soak diluted mixture onto surface with limescale.
- Allow to soak 5-10 minutes and wipe off.
- Flush with fresh water.
There are no reviews yet.